What is Open Enrollment?
Open Enrollment is a time when employees may enroll in, or change, their selection of employee benefits plans, including health insurance plans. If you receive insurance through your employer, you will only be able to change your coverage once a year, during annual open enrollment.
What is the Purpose of Open Enrollment?
The purpose of Open Enrollment is to inform employees of benefit options so they can make sound decisions regarding healthcare coverage. It is designed to increase employee participation and address any questions or comments. Print Tech can provide you with printing, mailing, marketing, and branding solutions to help you make this season more successful for your business.
When is Open Enrollment Season For 2023?
November 1, 2022 through December 15, 2022.
November 1st is typically the first day of Open Enrollment when employees can enroll, change, or re-enroll for your 2022/2023 Insurance Plans. Therefore, Open Enrollment Kits need to be prepared during the months of September and October to ensure that your clients and employees are aware of all changes, new plans and dates to enroll.
Get your Open Enrollment word out today through Print Tech’s expert and quality Open Enrollment printing, mailing, marketing, and branding services!! Print Tech works with many companies and insurance companies to deliver their Open Enrollment kits out in time.
Tips for a Better Open Enrollment
- Communicate effectively
- Stress any changes to confirm employee understanding
- Utilize emails, internal communications, social networks, mailings, and signage
- Communicate the primary purpose of health and life insurance
- Teach employees basic health insurance concepts such as plan premium, deductible, co-insurance, and out-of-pocket maximum
- Require active enrollment and that employees make a benefit selection each year rather than passive enrollment which rolls over the previous year’s selections
- Define clear timelines and provide your employees 2 to 4 weeks to comprehend plans and changes
- Follow up and offer Q&A sessions
- One information session is not enough, share examples
- Be available to assist your team
- Prioritize benefits offered by your company
- Prepare simple summary sheets for costs, in-network locations, or how-to-dos
- Provide an internal or online database where employees can access detailed resources
- Consider luncheons, giveaways, prizes, and incentives to make Open Enrollment beneficial
- Present a full package
- Present voluntary benefits and promote other employee perks even if they don’t require re-enrollment
- Pocket folders, handbooks, and manuals are effective tools for organizing and presenting insurance and benefits packages
Open Enrollment Printing & Mailing
For over 50 years Print Tech has been a trusted partner for our client’s printing, mailing, marketing, and branding needs. We provide the accuracy and attention to detail needed to print and deliver Open Enrollment and benefit information to your employees. Print Tech produces manuals, newsletters, handbooks, pocket folders, forms, labels, signs, calendars, and direct mail for your Open Enrollment process.
Our mailing and finishing services include addressing, postal processing, folding, inserting, packet assembly, and delivery to the U.S. Postal Service. A dedicated Print Tech representative is assigned to manage the details and deadlines of your Open Enrollment printing and mailing quickly and accurately.
We welcome the opportunity to provide insights, ideas, and best practices for your Open Enrollment Process. Ask your Print Tech Representative or call us at 412.963.1500 to learn more.