Tips For A Better Open Enrollment Season
What is Open Enrollment?
Open Enrollment is a time where employees may enroll in or change their selection of health insurance plans or benefits programs. If you receive your insurance through your employers, you will only be able to change your coverage once a year, during annual open enrollment.
What is the Purpose of Open Enrollment?
The purpose of Open Enrollment is to inform employees of their options so they can make sound decisions about their healthcare coverage. It’s also designed to get as many employees to sign up as possible. Print Tech can provide you with printing, mailing, marketing, and branding solutions to help you make this season more successful for your business.
When is Open Enrollment Season For 2022?
November 1, 2021 through December 15, 2021.
With November 1st being the first day of Open Enrollment where you can enroll, change, or re-enroll for your 2022 Insurance Plan, your Open Enrollment Kits need to be prepared now, during the months of September and October to be sent out in October. When November starts your clients and employees are aware of all the new plans and dates in which to enroll.
Get your Open Enrollment word out today through Print Tech’s expert and quality Open Enrollment printing, mailing, marketing, and branding services. Print Tech works with many companies and insurance companies to get their Open Enrollment kits out in time.
Tips for a Better Open Enrollment
- Communicate effectively
- Stress any changes to confirm employee understanding
- Utilize emails, internal communications, social networks, mailings, and signage
- Communicate the primary purpose of health and life insurance
- Teach employees basic health insurance concepts such as plan premium, deductible, co-insurance, and out-of-pocket maximum
- Require active enrollment and that employees make a benefit selection each year rather than passive enrollment which rolls over the previous year’s selections
- Define clear timelines and provide your employees 2 to 4 weeks to comprehend plans and changes
- Follow up and offer Q&A sessions
- One information session is not enough, share examples
- Be available to assist your team
- Prioritize benefits that the company offers
- Prepare simple summary sheets for costs, in-network locations, or how-to-dos
- Provide an internal or online database where employees can access detailed resources
- Consider luncheons, giveaways, prizes, and incentives to make Open Enrollment beneficial
- Present a full package
- Present voluntary benefits and promote other employee perks even if they don’t require re-enrollment
- Pocket folders, handbooks, and manuals are effective tools for organizing and presenting insurance and benefits packages
Open Enrollment Printing & Mailing
For over 50 years Print Tech has been a trusted partner for our client’s printing, mailing, marketing, and branding needs. We provide the accuracy and attention to detail that you need to print and deliver Open Enrollment and benefit information to your employees. Print Tech can produce manuals, newsletters, handbooks, pocket folders, forms, labels, signs, calendars, and direct mail for your Open Enrollment needs.
Our mailing and finishing services include addressing, postal processing, folding, inserting, packet assembly, and delivery to the U.S. Postal Service. A dedicated Print Tech representative is assigned to manage the details and deadlines of your Open Enrollment printing and mailing quickly and accurately.
We welcome the opportunity to provide insights, ideas, and best practices to share with you. Ask your Print Tech Representative or call us at 412.963.1500 to learn more.